The Page Speed indicates the loading time of a web page. It is the performance index of a website compared to the general recommendations of Google in terms of web optimization. PageSpeed is therefore a kind of “Google score” for a given site.
There are several reasons that can cause an unsatisfactory loading time:
- images that are too large;
- Database for forms or product display too slow;
- Server response time: long waiting times can occur if requests are processed too slowly;
- a client reads all elements of the existing source code: if comments and superfluous characters are found in the code, these elements can also have a negative effect on the loading time;
- if CSS files are not merged, too many server requests can be generated.