This tool allows you to scan your hosting account and search for malicious files.
- Log into your cPanel account
- Navigate the section named PH-Tools >> Anti-Malware (this plugins is only in french)
- Click on the “Lancer un scan” icon to start the scan
- After a few moments you will be presented with the results in red. We recommend you to delete these files permanently.
- Please note that scan time will vary depending on the number of files to check. The more files there is the more time it’ll need so a little patience may be required.
- Avoid scanning too often, we recommend scanning once a week during night time
- Detection’s may be false positives. Double check the files before deleting them.
- Always backup your files before deleting them
- Sometimes a core system file required by your site will be affected, instead of deleting the file you must edit its code to remove the infected part.
- If you find infected files it will be important to follow these guidelines: Update your CMS, update its various Plugins, themes and modules.
- Change all your cPanel / FTP / Website passwords regularly, use strong complex passwords generated randomly and change them often!
- For a case of a deep infection which persists we recommend you to check this matter with a webmaster which specializes in security we provide you a convenient list of freelancers here :