An inbound migration of a website is offered free of charge with the purchase of a PlanetHoster service under an annual cycle. In this article, we will explain how to make such a migration work.
The maximum time to complete the migration is 30 minutes. Thereafter, additional time is charged at 60 Euros/hour, or $109.99 CAD/hour.
Migrations are done as a courtesy and PlanetHoster cannot be held responsible for any malfunction. It is understood that the customer commits himself to take the necessary measures on his side if the configuration requires particular expertises or interventions external to our services.
Email migration is available under certain conditions only. The following self-service tool is available at all times: https://imapcopy.planethoster.com/en/.
First and foremost, do not wait until the last minute. That is why we recommend that you plan ahead, about 10 business days before the due date.
- Order the annual service from PlanetHoster.
- Proceed to the payment.
- Enter the following address in your web browser: https://my.planethoster.com.
- Open a ticket (My Support -> Create a new ticket) and provide the following information:
- Domain name related to your content.
- FTP or SSH/SFTP access (with port used if different from 22) for content migration.
- Access to the database (phpMyAdmin, etc.).
- Access to the control panel if applicable (cPanel, Plesk, directadmin, etc.).
- Access to the domain name for DNS modification.
- Access to the customer area of the former hosting company (optional). It is important to make sure that there is no double authentication to avoid processing delays.
Please make sure that the information you provide is valid. If you have multiple directories, please provide us with as much information as possible. This will prevent delays, confusion and errors.
Some conditions can influence migration:
- Presence of malicious files.
- Version required for operation is too old and may pose a risk to data security.
- Home-made source code requiring the intervention of a developer to make it work.
- Old host not available or not very collaborative.
- IP update required for payment modules. For example: Atos.
- Act of God. For example: COVID19, Ebola, earthquake, etc.
For The World offer, you are entitled to one free migration with :
For the HybridCloud offer, you are entitled to one free migration with :
- 2 CPU.
- 4 GB RAM.
- 60 GB DISK.
The offer does not apply when you downgrade your PlanetHoster services. It only applies when you upgrade to a higher plan or service. For example, the offer would not apply when you upgrade from a dedicated HybridCloud plan to The World plan.