All our customers who have The World in Pro mode are entitled to ID protection, a free VPN and the ability to create WorldLS accounts powered by LiteSpeed Enterprise and LS Cache.
Protection ID (Free WHOIS)
The contact information to be protected for all the “contact” fields of the domain name information are:
- First name(s)/last name(s).
- Mailing address(es).
- Telephone number(s).
The ID Protection is crucial to hide the details of the domain owner and the technical and administrative contacts contained in the information returned at the time of “WHOIS” requests.
Indeed, anyone can make WHOIS queries from his or her command terminal, trying to find the owner of a given domain name. There are also online tools to do this kind of research, which we will not explain here. The only thing to remember is that, nowadays, it is more important than ever to protect yourself. With regard to your domain names, it is important to mark these registrations as strictly confidential.
How to take advantage of the free ID protection (free WHOIS, also known as Protection ID or confidential information protection)? Nothing could be easier! You just have to order the service(s) from your customer area and the invoice will be automatically paid without any other formality. To do so, the following is done for each of your domain names:
- Login to the CLIENT AREA -> MY SERVICES -> Domains.
- Click on the gear icon beside the desired domain and then look under Domain Options.
- You will be able to order the free WHOIS service (please see paragraph How to Enable Private WHOIS in the article Private WHOIS On a Domain Name).
- The generated invoice will be zero; you will only have to click on “Pay” to complete the order.
Free VPN Connection
All you have to do is place the order for the VPN product and the system will bill it automatically for free!
In the member’s area, you will find the ORDER menu on the top right or by following the link: https://my.planethoster.com/vpn/new.
- All features of the World platform are included.
- Litespeed Entreprise web server rather than Apache. LSCache and LiteMage are native and active by default.
- LSCache modules for WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, XenForo, mediaWiki, Magento, Prestashop, Shopware and OpenCart available by default.
- Semi-dedicated environment: hosting is on a server with very few accounts and with performance priority.