Nothing lasts forever in this world and domain names are no exception to the rule: they expire one day or another. It can become a real headache to manage the renewal of your domain before it is too late, and it is even worse if you have several domain names.
That is why PlanetHoster provides you with the Automatic Renewal option. When the option is activated, PlanetHoster will automatically generate a new invoice for you 20 days before the domain expires.
It is wise to protect your domain name(s) for several years in advance. The longer the registration period, the better off you will be, because the cost of domains increases from year to year as a result of variations. The interface in V2 has been thought to help you easily up to 10 years in advance!
Enabling and Disabling Automatic Renewal
- To enable automatic renewal, open the management interface of the domain you wish to automatically renew (if needed, please refer to the article Managing a Domain).
- Slide the Disabled button to the right (itt is above Renew Now):
- Enabled is then displayed in green:
- To disable Automatic renewal, slide the Enabled button to the left.
Planning of Renewals Over Several Years
- Open the management interface of the domain you wish to automatically renew (if needed, please refer to the article Domain Management).
- Choose the number of years from the drop-down list:
- Click on the Renew button.
- This automatically displays the invoice, which is unpaid at this time:
- We advise you to pay immediately. To do identify the payment method and complete order, as explained in the article Invoices Payment and Accepted Payment Methods.