In this article, we will explain the policies regarding the Madagascar (.mg) ccTLD.
The reader is encouraged to understand all the concepts and terms outlined in the Basics before proceeding further with this article. In fact, this article is written on the premise that the reader is familiar with the terminology used.
Go to: https://my.planethoster.com.
If necessary, refer to the Country-Code Domain Specifications article.
As of February 2021, there were no registration rules for this TLD.
Format of .mg
- The domain name must only be composed of letters, numbers, and the symbol ” – ” (hyphen). The hyphen, allowed as a separator, cannot be at the beginning or the end of the domain name.
- Domain names consisting of less than 2 characters are not allowed.
- All other characters, including the “.” (period), are prohibited in the domain name.
- No distinction is made between upper and lower case letters.
- The domain name must not consist only of numbers (1 or more).
- The maximum length of the domain name is 63 characters per sub-domain (total of 255 characters).
Forbidden and reserved names
NIC-MG maintains a list of names that are not available for registration: https://www.nic.mg/images/Domaine_Name_Restricted.pdf.
Particularities of the Name Fields in the Madagascar “.mg” ccTLD
For additional information, please refer to https://www.nic.mg.