In the Linking a PlanetHoster Domain to Shopify and Wix Platforms article, we read about the preliminary steps for connecting a PlanetHoster domain to a site of any type.
The reverse operation is also necessary.
In this article, we will explain how to connect your PlanetHoster domain to your Wix site by changing its name servers. With this connection method, Wix hosts your DNS, while your domain remains registered with its current registrar, in this case PlanetHoster.
If you need more information during your reading, please refer to the articles:
PlanetHoster’s Glossary also contains explanations on multiple topics. We invite you to consult it as well.
How to connect a Domain to the Wix Name Servers
The following procedure is in accordance with the instructions explained in the Wix Help Center. If needed, you can consult the documentation.
Step 1 — Add the Domain to Your Wix Account
1. Open your Wix Dashboard:
2. Go to Settings > Manage Domain:
3. Click on Add an Existing Domain > Connect a domain you already own:
4. If requested to do so, specify the site to connect by clicking on its icon.
5. If required, click on the Next button.
6. Enter the PlanetHoster domain you wish to connect:
7. Click on the Next button.
8. Confirm that this message is displayed:
Step 2 — Update the Name Servers in Your PlanetHoster Account
To finish the connection, you must update your domain’s name server DNS records in your PlanetHoster account:
1. In The World, go to MY SERVICES > My Domains:
2. In the General Information tab, locate your domain, click on the gear icon and choose Manage Domain from the list:
3. Click on Nameservers:
4. Click on the Edit icon.
5. Click on the Custom button:
6. Replace the existing nameservers with these Wix nameservers:
7. Click on Apply changes.
8. Now you should have two nameserver records (if you have more, delete them):
Step 3 — Verify Your Domain Connection
Go back to the Domains page of your Wix account and confirm that your PlanetHoster domain redirects to the main Wix domain.
To do this, just click on the domain name at PlanetHoster and make sure your Wix website opens immediately:
Note: Wix will send you an email when your domain is online. It may take up to 48 hours for your domain’s new DNS records to propagate and your site to appear worldwide.