In the Linking a PlanetHoster Domain to Shopify and Wix Platforms article, we read about the preliminary steps for connecting a PlanetHoster domain to a site of any type.
After completing this process, it is necessary to connect your PlanetHoster domain to your existing site by changing its name servers. With the connection method explained here, Wix hosts your DNS, while your domain remains registered with its current registrar, in this case PlanetHoster: you will not only continue to pay and renew your domain to PlanetHoster, but you will also manage its settings.
If you need more information during your reading, please refer to:
- PlanetHoster documentation: The World: Startup Guide, Domain Management and Modification of the Nameservers of a Domain Name.
- Wix documentation : Connecting a Domain to the Wix Name Servers.
How to connect a Domain to the Wix Nameservers
The following procedure is in accordance with the instructions explained in the Wix Help Center. If needed, you can consult the Connecting a Domain to the Wix Nameservers article.
Step 1 — Add the Domain to Your Wix Account
- Open your Wix Dashboard:
- Go to Settings > Manage Domain:
- Click on Add an Existing Domain > Connect a domain you already own:
- If requested to do so, specify the site to connect by clicking on its icon.
- If required, click on the Next button.
- Enter the PlanetHoster domain you wish to connect:
- Click on the Next button.
- Confirm that this message is displayed:
Step 2 — Update the Name Servers in Your PlanetHoster Account
To finish the connection, you must update your domain’s nameserver DNS records in your PlanetHoster account:
- In the Domains interface, locate your domain and click on the gear icon:
- As explained in the article Modification of the Nameservers of a Domain Name, replace the existing nameservers with these Wix custom nameservers:
Step 3 — Verify Your Domain Connection
Go back to the Domains page of your Wix account and confirm that your PlanetHoster domain redirects to the main Wix domain.
To do this, just click on the domain name at PlanetHoster and make sure your Wix website opens immediately: